It might be ‘Eat With Bella and Dan’ but we don’t always eat the same food. This morning we both wanted eggs but differently. I went for the poached eggs in a tomato salsa and Bella making salmon and scrambled eggs on toast seasoned with dill.
Poached Eggs in Mexican Tomato Salsa:
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
1 can chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sugar
1 small chilli
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp cumin seeds
Drizzle of olive oil
- Chop up onions into tiny chunks and heat in a pan with the olive oil until soft.
- Add chopped garlic and chilli, cook on a simmer for a few minutes.
- Add can of chopped tomatoes, cook on a simmer for 3 mins.
- Add oregano, chilli flakes, cumin seeds, salt and sugar, maintaining the simmer for 5 mins.
- Breaks eggs directly into sauce and cover for 5 mins or until eggs are slightly hard. The longer you cook the harder the eggs become, so it depends how you like your eggs.
- Serve in a bowl and sprinkle with pepper and oregano or more chilli flakes.
Salmon & Scrambled Eggs on Toast seasoned with Dill
1 slice of seeded brown bread
1 tbsp dill
1 cup of Salmon
Drizzle of coconut oil.
- Heat pan with olive oil.
- Wisk the egg slightly, seasoning with pepper.
- Add egg to pan, when half-way cooked, add salmon and dill.
- Mix all together, making sure everything is combined.
- Toast bread.
- Serve mixture onto toast and sprinkle with pepper
Which one would you eat?